Sunday, October 25, 2009

Ceremonial Daughters Of The Nile



Today was my Temple's Ceremonial. We have 2 a year. Ceremonial is when the Supreme Queen visits and when we initiate new members into our Temple. I am a member of El Giza Temple #139, Las Vegas, NV. I am in the dance unit at my Temple. Unit is a group. I am currently president of my group. Which is usually fun but sometimes stressful. On the 15th I became an Attendant (officer in my temple), I am still Historian and the Queen's page.

The Units have to preform for the Queen at Ceremonial. My unit the El Gizarettes (the dancers), learned a new dance. Our Queen is a huge fan of Elvis Presley. So we did Blue Hawaii Hula. We practiced all summer and basically twice a week since the last 2 months.

The Queen was in our unit before she had to quit. The Queen is not allowed to be in a unit while she is queen. This was our first dance where she didn't know our dance. I made everyone in the unit keep it a secret. No one was allowed to tell the Queen anything. She was so excited about our performance and how well we did. It was a nice feeling.

No comments: