Thursday, February 26, 2009

Life is Good

I still don't have a job. I don't know if I will have a place to live come April. I have decided however to have a positive outlook in life. I listened to the book on tape called 'Men are from Mars and Woman are from Venus'. It was very good and insightful. Now I am listening to one of the many follow up books on tape called 'Mars and Venus Starting Over'. This is so far is a good book. My brother wants me to listen to the book on tape 'Debt Cures'.

I'm not reading the scriptures as much as I should be. I catch myself reading the LDS Church magazines, Ensign, The New Era and The Friend. Which people say are modern day scriptures. I am still downloading the audio version of the scriptures. I have The Book of Mormon, The Pearl of Great Price and The Doctrine & Convents done. The Holy Bible is a little hard to do. It is a bit of a bigger book.

Years ago when I was in counseling in Southern California, my counselor suggested that I read a book called 'Psycho-Cybernetics' by Maxwell Maltz, MD., FLCS. I have been trying to read this many times but the whole reading thing is hard for me. I discovered when I was out a Barns & Nobles that it is on CD. Currently though is it out of my price range. I will have to continue to read the book my father purchased for me.

No comments: