Sunday, October 2, 2011

Order of the Eastern Star Grand Chapter Week

The Order of the Eastern Star Nevada Grand Chapter started today. It will go till Wednesday, October 5th. It is being held at The Eastside Cannery in Las Vegas, NV.

I'm excited it has finally started. Ended up going to the airport 5 times yesterday (a least). Almost a whole tank of gas was used taking people from the airport to the hotel. Everyone was very nice and patient with me when I drove. I didn't have the best patience yesterday and I felt bad about it.

I made the alter cloth, the fern applique and the memorial cloth. The alter and memorial cloth are too big. I don't know if I can't measure right or if I was given the wrong measurements, either way it's not noticeable. The memorial cloth, I put the fern on the wrong corner. I don't know if I just completely forgot or what but it too isn't really noticeable and both items look good. I altered some clothes a for someone for this week and so far she looks good in my alterations.

I'm not staying at the hotel, which would make life easier but I do have a key to my Grandparents room for outfit changes etc.

My Grandmother is Grand Chaplain this year. Today was her Vespers & Memorial services. It was very well done. The youth groups (Rainbow Girls, Job's Daughters & Demoly) did and amazing job! My Grandmother used a friend's military boots and helmet. She also borrowed a lighted cross. It is a very pretty cross but I had to paint it because a lot of the marks wouldn't come off. I did kind of seal it with clear spray paint and it looked good during the service.

There were many Masonic organizations represented today. I didn't realize how many there were and I know there are more out there. Everyone was so pretty or handsome and really nice today. Even though I was exhausted I had a great day.

I did forget my camera today but hopefully I will pictures tomorrow.

Here is a link to the Nevada Eastern Star Grand Chapter http://www.nevadaoes.org/

No comments: