Sunday, November 9, 2008

Church Today

So I went to a Singles Ward today for 18 - 30 year old. Yes, I know I am too old for it but I had a friend who has been trying to get me to go to church. I have been to the wards Family Home Evening a few times so I thought I would try to church on Sunday.

I don't know if I will go back, for the most part the people are nice. But I do often feel old there. My friend wants me to join the ward but I told him I doubt they will allow me to do so. Besides my ages there is my place of residence. I live in Henderson and the ward is in Las Vegas.

The story of the day. I was in sacrament meeting, minding my own business. This guy behind me had been sniffling the whole time he was sitting behind me. So during the middle of the talks song, I handed this guy behind me a tissue. He then said I was rude. I turned around and said excuse me did you just say I was rude. He said yes. I said you were sniffling, so I gave you a tissue. He said but it isn't running. I replied well I don't have eyes behind my head. You were sniffling so I gave you a tissue. Then the guy next to me, said, excuse him, he has no people skills. Thank you for the tissue you gave him.

I turned around. Later during the closing song, he blew his nose (in the chapel) and leaned forward and said Thank you. I told him he was welcome. Later after sacrament meeting, I was standing there in the wall waiting for a friend to come out of a office. The same rude guy came up to me with his arms open and said sister you are good and I am bad and something else I don't remember. I said told him he was welcomed and walked away as fast as I could. All I could think was what an a*&. I couldn't believe how incredibly rude he was and what an a*( he was afterwards.

But I need to talk a deep breath, remember I am a good woman, I need to be patient and that it takes all kinds of people to make the world go round.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Yeah, sniffly seems to be really anoying and I would avoid him if I was you. His friend appears to be nice.