Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Manners

Whatever happened to manners?

Whatever happened to common courtesy?

Whatever happened to Gentlemen and/or Ladies?

Whatever happened to standing up when a woman leaves the table?

Whatever happened to man asking a woman out on a date?

Whatever happened to respect both of one's self and of others?

Whatever happened to being polite?

Whatever happened to calling a person back when they leave a message?

Whatever happened to writing a letter, calling people or contacting people just to say hi?

What is happening to groups like the Girl Scouts and the Boy Scouts who teach young people how to be better people?

What ever happened to going to some one's home and playing board games (just games in general with each)?

Whatever happened to people getting together to just spend time with each other (and not getting anything out of it but a good time)?

What is happening to all of the Masonic Family Fraternities?

No one wants to help others anymore. Everyone is demanding and excepting help from everyone else. No one anymore wants to give up time, money or possessions to help others anymore. There use to be a lot of charitable groups but they are all hurting for people, for support.

I understand that economy isn't doing well right now. I don't have a job and I do work here and there to try and make ends meet but ends are not meeting. I am getting deeper and deeper in debt just trying to survive. I don't have money but I do give time and anything else I can. If I own something that can help someone else out I give it to them or let them borrow it. I do whatever I can to help others. I'm not trying to toot my own horn, I just want people to know I'm not saying this to say it but I do it too (or at least I try).

Manners is really important now a days. It shows other respect, confidence and that you are educated. It shows that you are not a neanderthal but evolved. I wish more people knew manners and acted upon them. I think we all would be a happier society if we used manners.

No comments: