Saturday, June 7, 2008

Love is it Worth it?

Why do we need someone special in our life. Why do we need someone to love us and to care for us. Why do we need someone to care for and love. I don't get it. I don't know why we need this in our life. People shut down all the time and don't let anyone special in their lives. Maybe because of people hurting them in the past. Maybe because people they have trusted have hurt them in the past. There are so many reasons.

There are so many times I want to love someone. I want to be attracted to someone. Someone who treats me right. Someone who wants to love me. Someone who wants to care for me. But so far I am attracted to the wrong man. I am attracted to man who wants to hurt me, who wants to destroy me. I don't get it.

How do we change? How do we get over our issues and learn how to trust? How do learn how to love? How do you know if you are in love? How do you really know what love is?

Is love trust? honesty? kindness? passion?

How do you know what you want? How do you know what you are attracted to? How do you know what you need in your life?How do you know you will love a person?

Will love get you out of bed in the morning? Will love get you off your behind to get things done that you need to do? Will love make you want to do things for that person in your life? Will love make you want to better yourself for the person in your life? Will love help you get over your past? Will love help you deal with the people in your? Your family? Your friends?

I am so confused? I don't know what I want in my life? I don't know who I can trust? I don't know what to do?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Billie - I know i am the last person who should be giving love advice, but I think love is all of those things and more. Love is about putting that person's needs before your own, but only when it is reciprocal. It is about feeling connected and like you don't have to pretend in front of them. Being comfortable, sharing, laughing, crying, comforting and so much more.

Yes, at times it will make you get out of the bed in the morning, make you want to do things for that person, deal with things in your life.

I am not saying that to be complete everyone has to have a significant other, but some of us prefer the feelings they feel with someone like that in their life. You are right that it is hard to love and trust when most people are out for themselves, but if we don't risk we can't expect to find it and if we don't open up we can't expect someone to want to come in (metaphorically of course!).

I had it and due to my "partner's" selfishness he put himself in front of me when I continued to put him in front of me (needs wise). I don't want to have to start over and learn to trust someone new and feel uncomfortable again, and the awkwardness. What if they don't like what I like, what if they don't kiss like he did, what if they are silly and fun like he was...hard not to compare when I was happy with what I had.

I don't know, sometimes it just sucks and it is hard to know where to look.