Monday, October 27, 2008

The Haunted House

So the Daughters of the Nile Haunted House fundraiser was last night. It was at the Masonic Memorial Temple. There were a lot new people who attended who are not in the Masonic family. It was nice to see. But it wasn't enough (we made around $13 hundred or so). We didn't make as much as last year and we needed to make more (we needed $4k and last year we made $2k).

It took all day to get everything taken down, put away, packed in the truck (van & trailer) and cleaned up. I was so tried when we were done today.

When I got home, I layed in bed for a while. Then I took an amazing hot shower. It felt so good.

We had a lot of candy left over. We trashed a lot of decorations that the person in charge didn't want to keep anymore as well as gave a bunch of structural items we were trash away.

It has been a very eventual week between setting up for the haunted house event, getting sick (my chron's disease acting up), taking care of different people's homes and staying at different people's homes, with little sleep, trying to find a job, get rid of a roommate, I am so happy this week is over.

Now we need to come up with another fund raiser that won't interfer with other fund raisers going on within the Daughters of the Nile group and that will make money.

Daughters of the Nile are women who are related to Shriners. We are around to earn money to help the Shriner's Children's Hospitals. The one my Temple is assigned to is the Salt Lake City, UT hospital. If you have any ideas, let me know.

No comments: