Thursday, October 30, 2008

Mad Hatter's Tea

As a member of Daughter's of the Nile we raise money for the Shriner's Children Hospitals and money to keep our foundation going. Well I am in the dance club called El Gizarettes in my Nile Temple (#139, Las Vegas, NV) and every year we have a fundraiser in the beginning of March (when we can get the Lodge for use) we call the "Mad Hatter's Tea". It is based on the Disney Alice in Wonderland movie Mad Hatter's Tea. Disney's version was the nicest, the other Alice in Wonderlands are very dark (like they are meant to be).

Well previous members and in previous years they have made a lot of decorations so now it takes a while to set everything up. Once it is decorated it is amazing looking.

Today after my job interview on my way home I decided to stop at the Salvation Army store. I have gotten some great things (and very beautiful things) at this store before. It is the one off Stephanie & Warm Springs. It is a great location. There is a Goodwill store across the street (I don't like it as much but still a good thrift store). I went in to look for tea pots and really large coffee mugs with matching saucers. When the lady cashier was checking me out, she made a comment about all the teapots I was getting (like 3 or 4). I told her why I was getting them and she told me she would give me a deal on them and to go ahead and get a few more. So I went back and got 2 more. I couldn't believe it, I thanked her a lot. I told her she just made my day. I called my friend as soon as I got to the car and told her what happen. She was excited too (she is a Nile dancer with me). I was so happy. I have a person motto of be kind/good to others and they will be kind/good to you. This doesn't mean that the person I am being good to right then and there will be good to me but someone else down the line will. Often for no reason at all.

People are good and do have good hearts out there. It is so great when you get to see it.

By the way, our next Mad Hatter's Tea is March 1st, 2009 at the Masonic Memorial Temple off Rancho & the 95 (Mesquite address, Las Vegas, NV). It will start at 2 pm for all who want to come. Our El Gizarette's meeting on Wednesday, we will be deciding the costs, etc. Wear a hat, we do have a hat parade & prizes for the hats.

No comments: