Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My Tattoo Rules

1. No faces
2. No Names
3. No bodies (ie pin ups, etc)
4. Must be in a place that I can cover with clothing
5. Must be something I can live with
6. No Tramp Stamp
7. No Private Parts and/or Underarms
8. I understand that in 5 - 10 years I may need to go in and get a touch up
9. I understand that not everyone like tattoos but this is for me not them.
10. All tattoos must mean something to me.
11. I will allow my kids (if I ever have any) to have tattoos once they are 18
12. No images that are evil or be seen as evil (ie demons, the devil, etc)
13. No tattoos that have to do with death, if I want to memorialize someone it will be done differently (ie bear for my brother Ken, Monkey for my sister Allison)
14. I understand that when I get the tattoo, it will hurt, some areas hurt more than others.
15. Tattoos are not addictive, they are like pieces of art, just the canvas is your body.
16. Share your tattoo artist with others (they love it), specially if the work is really good.
17. I understand people will ask questions, be open and honest about it.
18. Always have someone with you (so you can hold their hand during the really painful parts).
19. Don't go under the influence of anything (drugs, liquor, etc), this will cause infection and may make it more painful. And you may regret your decision when you sober up.
20. Keep the wrap on 3 - 4 hours, wash with anti-bacterial soap. Pat dry with a clean towel. When dry apply A&D ointment (yes baby rash ointment) for 2 days (only) (PS I used neoprene ointment at night, right before I went to bed for the first 3 days). Then apply lotion with no fragrance until it feels healed. This will cut down on scabbing. After 2 days, some of the ink may whip off, this is normal, Do NOT Rub it off, let is come off naturally.

Any questions?

No comments: