Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Crazy Vegas People

So tonight I was at home in the living room of my apartment online looking for work. I have a goal of applying for at least 2 places online a day. I was also flipping channels and thinking to myself what else I need to get done before I go to bed tonight. Then right before 10 PM I heard this crash sound (I live off Green Valley Parkway & Warm Springs). It was really close. The power went out in my apartment and then I heard this weird noise like a washing machine was being dragged down the street.

I got up and poked my head outside. Saw my neighbors looking out at the street (Green Valley Parkway) and saw a big white metal box in the middle of the street. I tried to call the apartment complex but the phone just rang. Then I called 311 (non-emergency police), I got Las Vegas and asked for Henderson. When I got the operator I told her that someone crashed into the bus stop, hit the power box that the box was now in the middle of the street and that I smelled gas. She asked me if I saw the accident and I told her no. I just heard it.

I went back outside and the cops just pulled up. I talked to the neighbors. They said they have lived in the apartment complex since September 2007 and this is the third time this has happened there. The cops then started asking us who saw the accident and the neighbors who did went over to them and spoke to them.

I found out it was white truck, there were truck parts everywhere. Including his bumper in the grass, glass all over the street and fuel everywhere from his truck. I know his truck has to be damaged pretty good. He didn't stay around to see the damaged he caused, he drove off. According to my neighbors it was a man. They think he was drunk.

I called my texted my roommate what happened and that he might want to stay at a friends place tonight. I then called my Grandparents and asked if I could stay at there house tonight. I hope the power comes on and I don't lose anything in my fridge. I just went to CostCo. The neighbor across the way said as long as I don't open the fridge everything should be ok.

I grabbed some things to do at my Grandparents house (they are asleep and I knew I would be up a little later). When I was leaving I saw the City of Henderson truck, several cop cars. The police where shutting down the street as I was leaving (just that side). It was confirmed to be fuel all over the street.

I texted some of my friends and family and told them what happened. Thank you everyone for you concern for me. Something funny was, I was thinking about going to a church (LDS Church) activity on the other side of town (Linden & Sahara) tonight. I would have been getting home at the time of the accident.

No comments: