Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Yeah Well

Ok, I feel like a huge loser. I don't know why. I just do. I have been cleaning my apartment and going through everything I own. There has been times where I haven't left the apartment for days at a time. I check facebook, myspace, ldslinkup and a few other sites everyday. I have applied for every job I can on careerbuilder.com in Las Vegas, Henderson and Utah. Monster.com doesn't have much to offer me. I do have my resume posted on Careerbuilder and Monster.com. I go to Nevada Job Connect a lot and just discovered Craiglist.com offers jobs too. I am getting ready to check them out too for work. I have also applied for any place I have seen on the local news looking to hire people. I'm not getting any calls back at all. The issue is there are more people looking for work than there are jobs out there. The Las Vegas job market isn't great right now. Also a lot of businesses are closing around here and construction projects are shutting down all the time.

Anyways, I went to church this last Sunday again. I went to a YSA (Young Single Adult) Ward. I liked the talks. A high counsel man, a young lady and a young man spoke. Then a young man sang. It was a nice sacrament meeting. I felt impressed to talk to the Bishop. His name is Bishop Clark. He told me I was too old to be in the ward and directed me to a family ward I am suppose to be in. I will check out the family ward next Sunday. I feel old and don't like the fact I have to be in a family ward. I also don't like the fact that there is only YSA wards around here. I hope I can find a Mid Singles Adult Ward (30 - 45). I don't have an issue with stopping everything that I am doing that is against the church. I'm just not ready to start wearing garments yet. Oh well, not a big deal yet at least not till I talk to the Bishop in the family ward I am suppose to be in.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Well Las Vegas a little behind the times with Midsingles. There's not a Midsingles Ward in Las Vegas but are a few Midsingles activities. There's also a Midsingles dance up in St George.


Around 250 30-something Midsingles from Las Vegas came on our Huntington Beach Midsingles Conference last April with about 1,500 attended.

You can check out the new "LDS Midsingles of the World" facebook group for more info about Midsingles.

There's been some talk to get things more organized in LV. So we'll see.

Good luck,
Matt in Huntington Beach