Sunday, August 10, 2008

My Big Adventures

Today I went to church for the first time in years. All on my own, I wasn't visiting anyone. I woke up late so I was running late. I feel out of place in my life right now. Anyways, I walked in and they were passing the sacrament.

I saw a family ward with some men watching their boys. It was cute. I also heard their primary singing. That was a nice sound. I then walked into the chapel once the sacrament was done being passed. I sat in the first open spot I found between a woman and a man (the man was on the end of the row)(they were not sitting next to each other nor were they together).

I sat there and listened to the talks. The first was a returned missionary who has been home for 6 whole weeks. He was cute, he was very nervous and unsure of himself. Next was a gentleman who was getting married later this month. He was a long time member of the ward (which they all laughed about, I didn't get it). During his talk I started reading the Hymn book. I was reading the songs and singing them in my head. Then he started saying the words I was reading. Freaked me out a little bit.

Then there was a nice musical number where a gentleman played the cello and a girl played the piano. The last talk was a young lady. She was from San Diego and just graduated college. Her sister was in the ward.

Some time during the talks I looked around the room. It is a small ward. A good mix of men and women. Then I noticed to the my right this guy I went out on a date with from work. I don't date co-workers but I felt bad for him. He is a nice guy and very shy. He also never told me he was LDS.

When sacrament meeting was over, the girl sitting next to me started talking to me. She asked me my name and if I was new and where I was from, etc. I answered her questions and then told her I had to leave. On my ways out and saw a gentleman I knew from a previous ward. We were both in the Foothills Ward together when he got back home from his mission. He was a nice guy and very shy then. I figured he would have been married by now.

I will try again next Sunday. I am a little nervous because the ward is 18 - 30 years old and I am 31. I don't know if they will let me be in that ward and I don't know if I want to go to it or not. I'm not ready to wear my garments yet. I don't have an issue with spot drinking and the other stuff I am doing. I'm just not ready to start pay tithing and wearing my garments again.

We will see what happens. Time will only tell. I was nervous the whole time I was there. I thought it was nice of the girl to start talking to me like that. But I don't know if I want to get to know anyone just yet.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

wow!!! good for you! :)