Sunday, August 17, 2008

My Friends in Need . . .

As I have been really busy cleaning my apartment and going through everything I own. Giving stuff to Desert Industries, the local library and the trash bins, obsessing over my own life. Trying to decide if I should go back to church or not, trying to look for work. Applying for jobs everywhere. Feeling very lonely. I found out that 1 of my friends who in breast cancer remission had to have her other breast removed this last week. Luckily she lives down the street so I can visit her.

Then my mother is urgently trying to get a hold of me. When I found this out, I knew something was wrong. The woman who was like a mother to me has stomach cancer. She had a huge tumor in her stomach. She had to have it removed. In addition she had 80% of her stomach removed, her glad bladder and some of her small intestine. Her stomach and small intestine where then reattached to each other. She will have to go through chemotherapy next. I can't visit her because she lives 10 hour drive, 2 hour flight away from me. I bought several cards to send her once a week or so wishing her to get well soon. Luckily before she had her surgery, she was able to visit her children and grandchildren.

I also found a friend who is going through testicle cancer is going to have to have a horrible surgery done or go through chemotherapy again. I feel so bad for him. I am afraid for him, the side effects of the surgery is horrible.

Then my nephew is starting first grade tomorrow. He had to call me this morning and tell me about his trip to the State Fair yesterday and that he is starting school tomorrow.

I don't know what to think, fell or do anymore. I have my friends and nephew in my prayers. I don't know what the Lord has in mind for us. But I will pray for them all. I wish them only the best in life and to have a long, long life.

1 comment:

Carolyn Loveridge said...

Hi There,

Just want to report that I am doing well -- not perfect yet but I'm planning to be completely well and healthy.

I hope things are going forward for you.

Carolyn